Monday 23 July 2012

Hazard, 24:7 and more...

As I predicted, as soon as my feet touched Mancunian soil, my week was filled with excitement and busyness.

First came 'Hazard', a one day arts festival organised by the company Word of Warning. My job was to wander around the square in the glorious - and unanticipated - sunshine, adorned by a bright yellow tshirt, offering the public information on the event and generally keeping an eye on things. To my surprise, there were some familiar faces doing the same job, and it turned out to be a unique, worthwhile afternoon. Initially, I was 'stewarding' an artist who had buried herself in sand in an effort to recapture her childhood holidays to the beach, and later I came across a mermaid fishing rubber ducks out of the fountain; a large scale game for adults involving answering stray mobile phones and attacking their opponents with clothes pegs, and a man who could talk just like a bee (if bees could talk).  

Today's task was to join the front of house team at the 3 Minute Theatre for my first shift at the 24:7 Theatre Festival. Given today's weather and my complexion, I was eternally grateful for this being an indoor event. Theatre lovers really should get themselves down to there, or to New Century House, to sample some new writing and acting talent all this week.

And just because all that wasn't quite enough, I now have to prepare for my interview at The Lowry on Wednesday, to see if I'm suited to being on their FOH team...and then it's back to 3MT come Thursday. 

I could get used to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment